Wabaunsee County Sheriff’s Office (WBSO) provides 911/Non- Emergency Call Answering and Dispatch Services for Wabaunsee County including the Cities of Maple Hill, Paxico, McFarland, Wabaunsee, Alma, Alta Vista, Eskridge, and Harveyville.
Wabaunsee Dispatch is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
911 Emergency Response Number
911 is the telephone number for EMERGENCIES for law enforcement, fire, rescue or emergency medical services.
When do you dial 911?
- When someone is hurt
- When you see fire or smoke
- When someone’s life or property are in danger
- When a crime is being committed
- When an ambulance is needed
The Dispatcher Will Ask:
- the location of your emergency
- the number you are calling from
- the type of emergency you are reporting
- other necessary information
- your name
- If your call is a medical issue, the dispatcher will provide Emergency Pre-Arrival Instructions to help the patient until EMS arrives.
Landline vs. Cell Phone
If calling from a landline, and you are calling within our service area, your 911 call is routed to the Wabaunsee County Sheriff’s Office. Our dispatch center has an enhanced 911 system, which means that when you call 911 the caller’s name (subscriber on the telephone bill), phone number, address, and other important information is displayed.
Remember when calling from a cellular phone, exact location information, address and your name is NOT displayed for the 911 dispatcher. It is important to provide an accurate location or address where the emergency is occurring.
DO NOT HANG UP!
The Dispatcher may need to ask you additional questions regarding the incident. It is important that you remain on the line with the Dispatcher and answer the questions as best you can until you are told it is okay to hang up. The more information you can give, the better the RESPONDERS will be able to assist you when they arrive on the scene.
Be patient and do your best to remain calm and answer the dispatcher’s questions. They are trained to ask specific questions in order to determine what type of assistance you need
- 911 is an EMERGENCY number. Please do not call this line to ask questions or as a prank or joke.
- If you dial 911 in error, do not hang up. Stay on the line and explain what happened.
- Make sure your house number is visible from the street